Curious about your credit? Applying for a new loan to buy that dream house? The first thing to do would be to check your credit score, as it is an integral part of the credit report, a document that every lender scrutinises prior to approving a loan application.
CIBIL, Equifax, Experian and CRIF High Mark are the four credit bureaus or credit information companies licensed to operate by the RBI in India. Currently, none of these offer free individual credit reports. However, you can purchase your report on submission of basic documentation and payment of a nominal fee.
If you want to check your score for free, there is now an option to do so. In conjunction with Equifax (one of the said bureaus) Freescoreindia.com does offer this service. You can obtain your score by following a very simple process.
How to get your free credit score:
1. Log on to http://www.freescoreindia.com.
2. Click on ‘Check your free credit score’.
3. Fill in a simple online application form.
Provide information such as your name, email address, the city you are located in, and phone number.
The reason for requirement of the credit score has also to be mentioned.
4. Once done, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
5. On submission of all the required details and documents, your credit score will be updated to your online account (registered with Freescoreindia.com) within 72 hours.
6. You will receive notification via email and SMS regarding the same.
7. You can now login and check your score.
With this quick and easy service, getting a free credit score in India is indeed a reality!